Monday, October 20, 2008

A brief, brief sliver of happiness

It was pure ecstasy.
I'm not the happiest person in the world these days, thanks to bipolar disorder, but yesterday I spent the afternoon cocooned in a sense of absolute, self-contented happiness. Everything about the world was good.
Unfortunately it didn't last - I woke up this morning with the familiar anxiety. But for now, that's okay, because I was starting to worry that I was incapable of feeling happy anymore. I never realised how long it's been, but better late than never.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Ali Poohs, sorry to hear you were having a down time. I hope you are feeling better now, with all the joy......of Chrismas :P

Was fantastic to see you blogging again! :D and hope to catch up soon!

Nga mihi nui

P.D