Thursday, February 17, 2005

Televangelists and The Hair

If it is harder for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle, then how in the name of Jesus do these women cope? These coiffy little creations are surely a gift from the Maker, cos I'm pretty sure there's not a stylist alive who would create these WILLINGLY. It's not just one either - I've done some research.

It all started with
this one - I was whiling away a bit of spare time watching TBN (that's Trinity Broadcasting Network for those not in the know)... the Lord's Message was pretty much lost on me as I spent the entire time sitting agog at her HAIR. Father, have mercy... surely.

We can't forget Tammy Faye - she's a legend and provided me with a lot of material,
here and here.

It got me thinking that perhaps there IS a message we're missing - if you're one of the In Crew, Jesus will bless you with unique Hair Style. Which speaks volumes about the daily struggle I have with my hair straighteners. Forget eternal salvation, forget the riches of Heaven - if you have Jesus in your heart, it's all about The Hair.

The Creator doesn't do this washy-washy gender-specific crap either; the boys
get a go too... and even in New Zealand, the style-wise Father has blessed his kiwi sons.

I have decided that humanism is the way to go thanks... unless it's really Bad Hair Day and I have to grab the hijab.

No comments: