Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The weekend's antics

The biggest news is that the Oldest is now in a womanly way... and she's only ten!! We had a Woman's Day on Monday and went clothes/shoe shopping, had morning tea at a posh cafe and I bought her her first pounamu... I was going to wait until she was thirteen, but this seems appropriate. She's dying to wear it, but she has to wait til the local kaumatua bless it for her.
I got a dreadful shock later on on Monday afternoon - I was sitting outside enjoying the sun with the GF and the neighbour and a couple of children running around. Except the Smallest. She was apparently riffling through my bedside drawers, as she came out outside saying "Mu-uum, what's this?" She was merrily waggling my vibrator around. I was out of my lounger faster than God, mumbling something about it being a funny sort of torch.
She said she'd been looking for batteries.

3 comments:

Violet said...

I remember when I first became "womanly". My first thought was "Aaarrgh, I'm dying!". Then I found out what it meant and I was really depressed that I'd be waving sanitary napkins around for the next forty years.

You'd better hide the vibrator really well, before the next power cut.

Martha Craig said...

10! Cripes the times are a changin'. Poor kid, all those terrible hormones.

Mrs Smith said...

I got mine at 11. No lovely 'Woman's Day Out' for me. My mother thrust a sanitary pad at me, said "you'll be needing this," and that was the end of it. And I still had to go to school, trying to cope with what felt like a king-size mattress strapped between my legs. What a nice mum you are.