Friday, August 19, 2005

Cheese Dreams

I've always known that eating cheese at bedtime gives one alarmingly freaky dreams, but I'm concerned that, even after consciously avoiding the cheese, I am still having very oddball dreams.

The first, on Monday night, involved my visiting a hardware store to buy Blutack (a squishy, putty-like substance which is a temporary alternative to sticking pins in your walls). There was no Blutack, but I DID find a packet of teal-blue, just-add-water-and-mix-your-own powder. It was astronomically expensive at $27.95NZD, but I'm sure it would have lasted a long time. It was called "Oozie" (I KNOW! I even dreamt the name!). This - as far as I'm aware - doesn't exist, so I was quite excited at the notion of becoming an inventor and thus becoming richer than 3M.

My second dream was a little more alarming; the only part I could remember was standing somewhere in New Zealand staring at three rather enormous tornadoes on the horizon. They were coming toward me at a rate of knots, so I was relieved to either not remember the rest of the dream, or to have woken up.

I checked into a
dream dictionary , which told me that to dream of seeing several tornadoes represented "people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship. " Eeww.

Funnily enough, I couldn't find anything about Blutack OR Oozie.

No comments: