Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Kia Ora

I'm boning up on singing "Where is Thumbkin?" in Maori for tomorrow's Under-3's session at work; it's tying in with Maori Language Week. My pronunciation is pretty downpat, but I still get nervous speaking Te Reo out loud in public.

We made pois at this week's Preschool Craft session - I took mine home for the Smallest to play with, but ended up having to confiscate them after she tried to strangle one of the cats with the cords. I never cease to be alarmed at her level of deviancy; I was reading about baby horoscopes on
Violet's blog and put it down to that, instead of dysfunctional parenting. Although horrid things like that are balanced with gems like (when speaking to her on the phone at her father's place) "Mum, I just have to block my ears so Shelley can't hear me talk." Nice.

I'm a Page Three girl - I managed to get myself into the local rag again this week, dressed as Professor McGonagal for our reading of the new Harry Potter book over the school holidays. Although I usually feel no shame at these things, it's getting to be a proxy situation now - I feel bad for my kids; the Oldest is doing the Tweenage thing and Mummy donning grey wigs/Cat in the Hat/Clifford/teddy bear costumes is becoming painfully embarrassing for her.

No comments: