Friday, July 15, 2005

Woohoo - last day of real work til next weekend!

About bloody time - I ran around like a headless chicken today, getting everything ready for the rest of the holiday programme next week.. while I am on HOLIDAY!!! Can you tell I'm excited about it?

We had a local poet come in to judge the staff 'favourite poems' display today. A lot of staff members contributed to a display promoting Poetry Day and there were some fabulous-looking entries. Yours truly got quite embarrassed when the judge declared mine the winner (for the poem I posted further down in my blog)... for both originality and artistic merit.. aww shucks.

Off to Palmerston then Hamilton tomorrow, then back to Palmerston on Monday... where I will begin the artistic endeavour of putting together the memory book for my sister's birthday next week. That, along with a stack of books to read, some shopping and tentative coffee plans with friends, makes up the rest of my week... hallelujah!

I had to speak firmly to my ex-husband about picking our girls up (for the week) earlier rather than later tomorrow - was supposed to be 1pm, but he rang, all excited about lunching with an All Black, asking if it could be later. Nope, was my uncompromising reply. It wouldn't have been a problem if I wasn't driving to Hamilton tomorrow. Luckily, we get on better now than when we were married, so it wasn't a problem.

Sigh sigh - I'd best be finishing the washing and packing for tomorrow. It couldn't come fast enough, but first I have to don my Professor McAlison robes for a half-hour reading of the new Harry Potter book at lunchtime tomorrow. The things we do.

2 comments:

Violet said...

I think you're going to have to post your poem again. Congratulations on winning - maybe you should send it to The Listener.

Ali-Belly said...

Heh... you're kidding, right? I usually keep these things very well-hidden... even the embarrassment of putting it on my blog AND having it floating around at work was almost too much.

Why do I have to post it again? Is it gone?